Thursday 29 August 2019

Warcry Diary: Day 4

DAY 4: Friday 23rd August

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!
FINALLY, with the completion of the last main pieces (and a couple of little ones I'd previously overlooked), the terrain is all assembled.


I have to say, having got this far, how impressed I am with the terrain pieces in this set. Pictures don't do justice to the level of detail, how the finished kits look, or just how much there is in the box. Never mind a good Warcry set up, there's nearly enough here for a good setup for a full-scale Age of Sigmar battle. Even unpainted, it looks awesome on the game board, and I can't wait for my first game.


However, it must be said that there is one big issue with this set. The instructions. They're rubbish. They don't give a complete guide to assembling all the pieces and they completely fail to mention that, for some of the missions in the book, you will need to use some of the pieces separately, when the instructions tell you to glue them. This is a huge oversight. This is a starter set, designed to bring new people in to the hobby, and be a standalone product. You should not need to go online and find video guides in order to find out how to pt the terrain pieces together. I'd have been absolutely furious if I'd stuck these pieces together right away, without knowing of the issues and the online solutions. This sort of error is not good enough if you're a new startup. In a product from the the world's most experienced manufacturer of this type of thing it's unforgivable. Slap on the wrists, GW.

Anyway, having got that off my chest, I am happy to report that all the terrain in the set, once assembled, fits neatly into the box. Excellent news for those (like me) who have limited storage space at home.
Right, on with the warbands!

Total time so far: 5 hours

Thanks for reading!
-Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment