Tuesday 9 March 2021

Things And Stuff

 Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!

This week I'm just going to do a brief post giving a shout out to some cool things out there, a few of which I have a personal interest in. 

First up is the launch of HeroHammer Fanzine. If you're a GW fan of a certain age, you will feel right at home with this new fan-made publication, brought to you from the guys at Crown Of Command. Within it's White Dwarf-inspired pages you'll find painting guides, armies, battle reports, rules...in short, everything you'd like to see in a celebration of 90's-era GW. A lot of work has gone into it and, best of all, it's totally free! My involvement in the first issue has been minimal, but I'm hoping to get a fair bit of my painting in there in coming issues. Click on the image below to be taken straight to the webpage, or click here


Next up is something that I've been involved in for a bit longer. If you head over to the 'Eavier Metal Facebook page this Thursday, you will see the winners of this year's 20 Year Challenge painting competition. I think this is the 6th year I've been judging this annual competition and it doesn't get any easier. The basic premise is that, in ordermto qualify, the miniature entered must be at least 20 years old (but can be, of course, a modern paint job.) The scary thing is that, from next year, miniatures released since I left GW will be eligible. 20 years since I left GW...Fuck, I'm old... Anyway, Dave Taylor does a fantastic job running the competition each year, then I leap in at the end, judge it and get all the glory! At least I've not yet had any hate mail from those who didn't win. Obviously it's too late for this year's competition but there's always next year. Click on the image below to be taken to 'Eavier Metal and check in on Thursday for those results...


Next up is something that's all my own work. If you've been looking at my Stuff Of Legends gallery* you'll know that I've done a fair bit of painting for Richard "Orclord" Hale, carving out my own little corner of his incredible miniatures collection. Well, Richard has decided to collect that corner into one page on his Stuff of Legends site. This is really great because a) it's reminded me of quite a few miniatures I'd forgotten about and b) makes it much easier to use his pictures on my page 😁 Richard's gallery can be found by clicking on the toilet below...


Finally, something that I have no involvement in at all, but which certainly deserves a shout out. Long-term readers of this blog will know I'm a big fan of 28 Mag, the magazine of grimdark. It's an incredibly high-quality, totally free publication and I cannot recommend it enough. This week, they've put out a special issue for International Women's Day, with 50+ pages celebrating female creators in the hobby. Click on the image below and download your copy right now. You won't regret it. 


Ooh, one last thing. I've updated my Middlehammer Memory Lane page with a look back to November 1993 and a certain bright red tank. Go take a look. Wear sunglasses.

That's all for this week. Next week, if all goes according to plan, I'll be talking about how I painted some teeny tiny cars...

Thanks for reading!
-Stu











*and if not, why not...?



No comments:

Post a Comment