Tuesday 10 January 2023

Rock and Roll Out!

 Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!

Here we are again with some more miniatures I painted for Botwar by Traders Galaxy. This time, the spotlight shines on the Deceiver's Cult of the Destroyer and their monstrous combined form. 

Painting these was more fun than the usual Bots, as these guys have the addition of bits of rock merged in with their robot bodies. Painting-wise I used my usual method of painting Bots, which is to lay down Contrast base colours over a zenithal grey/white primer and highlight from there. Unfortunately I couldn't find my notes for which colours I used, so you'll just have to work out those for yourselves 😂 The stony areas were simple drybrush from dark to light, with washes of brown and black over the top.


The combined form was a really fun piece to paint. for starters, the model is huge- much bigger than the individuals that make him up, and stands nearly 15cm tall. that meant I could put more work into it, making the blends smoother, and putting more colours into the rock areas. The energy glow was particularly satisfying to do. I started off by painting white ink into the recesses, letting it flow into all the cracks and channels. I then drybrushed the surrounding areas with white. I then repeated the process with Tesseract Glow, but drybrushed this out further than the white, giving the nice glow effect. I then ran more white ink into the deepest recesses to finish off the effect. I was rather pleased how it all turned out. 


The Cult of the Destroyer set is available HERE and the Destroyer Combiner is available HERE. And there we are, short and sweet this week, after the ramblings of the last couple of weeks! 

Thanks for reading!

Stu

p.s. if you like what I'm doing here, a click on the link below and the donation of the price of a pot of paint would be a wonderful gesture. I'm thinking of adding special stuff to the Ko-fi, like competitions and prize draws, so it'd be a good idea to at least have a look there now and then 😁 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment