Sunday 16 October 2022

Reports Of My Blog's Demise Were Greatly Exaggerated! (By...errr, me, mostly...)

 

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!

After an absence of about 18 months, the Sublime Brushwork blog is back! For those who are followers of old, I'm sorry I've been away for so long, I'll try and make up for lost time. For those who are here for the first time, a brief introduction:

My name is Stuart Thomas and this, here, is my blog where I will write about stuff and things. 
Want a bit more info? Okay, most people know me as a former member of the Games Workshop 'Eavy Metal studio miniatures painting team (circa 1992-2001)* which is a very grand way of saying I painted toy soldiers for a living. Since then, I've done a variety of jobs, with varying degrees of lack of success, and I've come full-circle, back to trying to earn a living painting toy soldiers**. If you really want to know more, check out the Middlehammer Memory Lane, an autobiography of my time as a member of 'eavy Metal.

The purpose of this blog is to air my thoughts and indulge my love of rambling on about stuff, and spare the almost-but-not-quite infinite patience of The Better Half from said ramblings. Hopefully, some of what I write will be of interest to others. Most of it will relate to the world of miniature painting and games, but they may also include random thoughts about all sorts of things (usually thought of while in the shower*** or while doing the washing up or doing the cleaning at work****.) I've also been known to sometimes experiment with drawing, painting and writing and I may well subject some of those things for public scrutiny, if I feel brave enough but, mostly, it's going to be me talking about stuff I've painted. The main thing, for at least, is to have an outlet for my thoughts and ideas, techniques, inspirations, and anything else that comes to mind. You might even see reviews and videos, eventually.***** I have a gallery of the work I've done for Stuff Of Legends, which I'll update soon, and I've got a couple more galleries like that planned. 

I also want to throw in some actually useful stuff, tutorials and painting guides and the like, and I want to throw this open to you all out there in reader-land. If there's a particular technique, colour, style, effect, etc. that you are struggling with, drop me a line and I will do my best to help with it here.  I'd love to hear your opinions and any thoughts you have, or suggestions for content, etc. There's obviously going to be a period of finding my feet, seeing what works and so on, and any feedback or suggestions would be really useful. 

I'm  going to try and maintain a regular schedule of weekly posts but I know only too well how real life can interfere with the best laid plans, and I don't have anything even close to what could be described as  a "best-laid plan" so we'll have to see how it goes. 

If you want to see more of what I'm up to on a day to day basis, I (usually) post a daily update on InstagramFacebook and Twitter so please feel free to follow on any of those. I really hope there will be some stuff of interest to you here. If that's the case, please feel free to join in by leaving comments and sharing it about a bit amongst your social medias. Anything that would help spread the word of what I'm up to here would be deeply appreciated.

The plan is to put up a new post every Monday and, next Monday, it all kicks off with a bit of chat about how I painted this guy. I hope you'll join me!


Welcome to the inner workings of the Stuey mind*****.

Thanks for reading!

p.s. if you like what I'm doing here, a click on the link below and the donation of the price of a pot of paint would be a wonderful gesture. I'm thinking of adding special stuff to the Ko-fi, like competitions and prize draws, so it'd be a good idea to at least have a look there now and then 😁 







*actually, most people who actually know me, know me as that annoying hairy guy who dresses funny and makes awful jokes

**amongst other things. I'm also a part-time night care assistant. I'm a keep-my-eggs-in-more-than-one-basket kinda guy...

***it's best you don't try to think about that bit...

****the life of a care worker is full of glamour..

*****if I ever get a setup sorted out and figure out how to do it

******such as it is...



No comments:

Post a Comment