Sunday, 13 November 2016

Bouncy, ratty little guys.

Afternoon all!
It can't have escaped your notice that Blood Bowl is back. An old favourite of mine, I remember having a great time playtesting the previous version of the game (or was it the version before?) as part of the studio league. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy (hint hint, oh precious family members...) but, in the meantime, here's some Blood Bowl-ish figures I did a while back.

This team of Vermins is by Black Scorpion Miniatures, an indie miniatures company run by sculptor Adam Clarke. These are great, characterful miniatures, cast in resin and make a really great alternative to the standard Skaven teams. I did have one issue though. The castings, on a few of the players, have quite a lot of undercuts around the arms and need careful scalpel work (and may need a little work with green stuff) to prepare them for painting. This is a minor niggle, though, and shouldn't put you off checking them out. Actually, check them out anyway, because their Tombstone and Pirates ranges really are superb. Adam's single figures are terrific, as you can see from this wench (a limited edition (I think) which was used as a mascot/slave/provider of half-time cheese slices and whatever rats drink after a game for the team.)

That's all from me for this week. There's some more pictures of the Vermin team on my Facebook page and, while you're here, why don't you check out my page of unpainted miniatures I have for sale. You never know, you might find something you like....
All the best,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment