Sunday, 9 October 2016

Some girlies and a gang that definitely isn't The Scooby Gang, nuh-huh, nope, nosiree Bob.

I've posted two weeks in a row! See, miracles do happen...
So, to kick off we have a few less than politically correct ladies, starting with Leona Lobo and Bug Hunter from Kabuki.

Both are great little sculpts (sadly I don't know who sculpted them so if anybody can enlighten me...) but I have to take my hat off to whoever painted the examples used in their packaging. I painted these on commission to a set standard, so I wasn't pushing myself on them but I would have struggled, at my very best, to match the standard of their studio ones. Again, I'd love to know who painted them so that I could offer my congratulations.

Next up are two figures, from two manufacturers, following a theme. We have Brigitte, the Naughty French Maid from Reaper's Chronoscope range.
A brilliant sculpt by Werner Klocke with a superb, characterful face and a joy to paint.
Then there's Mia The Homicidal Domestic from Shadowforge.

While perhaps not as a refined sculpt as the previous ones shown today, this was still a lot of fun to paint and I'd cheerfully have a go at more models from this small company.

Finally today we have a group shot of five of Hasslefree's Modern Adventurers sculpted, as ever, by the indomitable Kev White.
Full of character and a joy to paint and somewhat reminiscent of a certain group of paranormal investigators...

So, that's all from me this week. Next week I'm hoping to have a couple of reviews to throw at you, as well as some more miniatures from mybacklog of photos.

Thanks for looking,
Stu


2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Stewart, especially the Scooby Doo minis! I may have to get my hands on them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They reall are cool figures (as are all of Kev's figures, to be honest!)

      Delete